Two of the main types of referral programs are those that target consumers for rewards, and those that target employees. Both types of referral programs are critical to any extended marketing referral efforts. Consumer Referral Program Examples The best way to begin to implement your own customized program is to brainstorm referral program examples for
Two of the main types of referral programs are those that target consumers for rewards, and those that target employees. Both types of referral programs are critical to any extended marketing referral efforts.
Consumer Referral Program Examples
The best way to begin to implement your own customized program is to brainstorm referral program examples for yourself. Some great examples can be found here.
- Give each satisfied customer that refers a friend or family member to you a gift, future discount or gift certificate for their effort.
- Allow consumers to build their own referral rewards by increasing the number of referrals to increase the value of a reward. Those who refer just one, or even a few are nicely rewarded, those who actively work for more referrals for your business are more generously gifted or given better or more valuable options for rewards.
- Create buzz and business for yourself by running goofy, fun or otherwise entertaining contests that are relevant to your business. Have a product you are selling? Invite customers to send you photos of their most creative use for your product. These type of customer referral program examples will allow a business to increase the knowledge of the usage of their own products as well as providing entertainment and interactivity options to existing customers.
The main thing to remember when creating your own consumer referral program is that just like many other elements of your business, your marketing program will speak for your business, to your consumers, in first impressions. If your marketing referral program is not well accepted by your current customers, it may be time to ditch the program, or upgrade it exceptionally.
Employee Referral Program Examples
Although some employee referral program examples will resemble those of similar consumer examples, there is always the deeper perspective of the employee side. Having an employee of a business speak in favor of that company’s services or products is generally seen as a very positive advertisement. Because employees often understand the importance of their referral to a business, they are less likely to take them lightly and without critical inspection of the product or service being referred.
- Have employees build up a system of extended referrals by giving them growing rewards as their referral number increases. Apply the options for rewards to the overall benefit and branding of your business by making those rewards have positive impact on future employee options as well as consumers. A good example of this would be allowing employees to earn training or education credits, paying for their courses and offering a final system of promotion.
- Provide your employees with positive referral benefits that they can truly appreciate. Devise an organized system that allows them to save points or credits to earn extra paid days off, earn an additional side income or even paid vacation packages.
While perfect referral program examples may not exists, this is because each program of referral needs to be as custom tailored to your specific products or service offerings. Do not be afraid to change the rules or details of your program as it grows, but never do so without alerting consumers or employees.
Christian Fea is CEO of Synertegic, Inc. A Joint Venture and Referral Marketing firm. He exemplifies how to profit from Joint Venture and Referral relationships by creating profit centers with minimal risk and maximum profitability.
Click here for more Referral Program Strategies to help you increase your profits.