joint venture marketing
What happened to the days when we would take time to think and dwell on our accomplishments? Instead of conscious reflection on our successes and failures, we tend to rush and run to keep up with our schedules and deal with as many issues as we can each day: put the fires out at work – pick up the kids – buy groceries – fix the kitchen sink – set the alarm and get to bed so we can do it all again tomorrow. But when we stop and reflect a while, we are that much more confident and able to move forward with the right choices.
Your joint venture is no different. What did you do today that promoted your JV product or service? What will you do tomorrow? What strategies have worked? What strategies need to be changed? Time for reflection can help you make the right JV decisions and move forward with confidence in your strategy.
What is Reflection?
Reflection is simply time to relax and get your brain out of its fast-paced, rat-race mindset, and analyze. In all our daily business activities, we tend to make decisions quickly and reactively. Someone calls – must answer it, talk, and make a decision or tell him or her “you’ll get back to them”. The copier broke – must call the repairman. You accountant needs budget answers – must give the answers or tell them “you’ll get back to them.”
See how fast business can be? You need the time to think about the small things so you will be able to “get back to them” and move forward with your business and JV strategy. Stopping to take a moment can give you clarity and the ability to think clearly to make the best decisions based on your past performance and what is in store.
How to Reflect
So how do you incorporate reflection in your busy daily life?
- Find a quiet, calming place – Being able to think and analyze in a quiet place is a better atmosphere for clarity and positive thinking. Find a nice coffee shop. Perhaps it’s your back porch overlooking the sunset. The place you reflect is the key to getting good thinking done.
- Keep notes – When you sit down to reflect, do you know what you need to think about? Keep a small notebook like Moleskin with you at all times where you can jot down notes and ideas to think about later.
- Write it in your schedule – Sometimes you just need to create time for reflection. Write the time in your daily schedule and stick to it.
- Take time at the beginning and end – The best times to reflect are at the beginning and end of the day. Take a short while to reflect on what you need to accomplish today after you wake up. Then, at night take a while to mull over what you have accomplished and how you could have made better decisions.
- Make it a part of business strategy – And finally, with any JV business strategy, you must make time to review how a strategy is going and what needs to be changed to make it more successful.
The time you take for quiet reflection is time well spent. You will be able to make better decisions and be more confident in the decisions you make.
christian fea is CEO of Synertegic, Inc. A joint venture marketing firm. He exemplifies how to profit from Joint Venture relationships by creating profit centers with minimal risk and maximum profitability.
To discover more joint venture marketing Strategies join his free joint venture marketing Wealth Report.