International Joint Ventures in East Asia Monograph Published Simultaneously As the Journal of Euromarketing Vol 4 No 3 4
Rapid development in East Asia and the growing importance of the role of international joint ventures there has caused a need for more research on the region. International Joint Ventures in East Asia provides a state-of-the-art review of research on international joint ventures (IJVs) in East Asia, advances understanding of this geographical region, and points out the future areas of research on IJVs in this area. This latest research, conducted by business school professors in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Asia Region, presents readers with an innovative, multicultural perspective and assists the joint venture manager in planning, negotiating, and running joint ventures in East Asia.Authors in International Joint Ventures in East Asia presented their findings at the Second Conference on Joint Ventures in East Asia, held in Bangkok, Thailand. These researchers present findings of interst to business professionals and educators including:
- the development of international corporate strategic alliances
- entry mode choice
- a typology, which uses two dimensions to identify four types of IJVs and four patterns of IJV development, as a conceptual framework for analysis and appraisal of IJVs in developing countries
- IJVs in China, with an emphasis on the central theme of cross-cultural communication, management, and understanding
- an integrative framework for strategic human resource management in IJVs
- technology transferability of IJVs in ChinaInternational Joint Ventures in East Asia is invaluable reading for businesses, academic researchers of international business, business strategists with an emphasis on the Pacific Rim Region, business managers in charge of Pacific Rim operations, business managers in joint ventures in East Asia, and academic professors and researchers of international business.